Yes? You did? Ah, friend, come in and share this day, and let's both be filled with thanksgiving for God our High King, who is a matchless treasure, both in this life and in life eternal.
I blanche, I peel, I stir, I chop, I lather, rinse, repeat! The kitchen - the whole main floor and back deck really - is a haven of early harvest time industry.
And as I work, (sometimes alone, most times with my offspring), we listen to hymns, sermons, scripture, and fill up on Truth.
I was arrested this morning by the familiar words of Be Thou My Vision. Paring knife poised in mid air, heady fragrance of still more peaches rolling steamy up from the stove, children singing in harmony, and momma's heart soaring with worship a flood of images pours into my thoughts, my list of gratitudes grows.
- cool evening, crisp morning, a relief from the heat and a foretaste of fall.
- lightning splits the sky, lake heaves up bigger and bigger waves, fat raindrops fall, and we've watched the storm until the very last minute, dashing to the shelter of the car we delight in the adventure.
- weekend farmer husband and our second born makes a clothesline for the farm. we love to use solar power to meet our needs :-)
- bountiful farmer's market, reconnecting with a dear friend, local harvest, artisan cheese and bread - abundance.
- practical friendship that listens to what I want, not what I must have to survive, and gives a gift to meet the want. Thank you dear one.
- basil from the garden, tomatoes too, creamy cheese, homemade artisan bread, butter, salt, pepper - perfection this side of heaven!
- meeting more and more of our own food needs with what we can produce at Liberty Farm. Some meals we eat 100% from the work of our hands and the yield God gives.
- amazing big venue concert with son, daughter, and friend. Live music inspires and I marvel at the creator who gives the ability to make the sound waves dance.
- Weekend Farmer Husband remains steady in the storm of unemployment, pursuing a family business, getting helpful feedback, pressing forward.
- my father continues to share good news about recovery from leukemia and stem cell transplant.
- cows getting roly poly big!
- 200 chicks arriving this week, more chicken shares coming available, as well as a full freezer here at home.
- oh the stars - did you see them? what wonder glimmers in the sky. weekend farmer husband and I took time to look to the heavens last night and for those moments at least, rest in the assurance that the One who hangs the stars in the sky purposes good for us and glory for Himself.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.